- 1 small butternut squash, cut into small .5” cubes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 package of kelp noodles
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus additional for tossing at the end
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup of maitake or shitake mushrooms
- 1 handful chopped sage
- 1 can garbanzo beans, optional
- Salt and pepper
Heat oven to 400º. Toss the squash in coconut oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes until fork tender.
Drain and rinse the kelp noodles. Then chop the noodles coarsely, so they easily separate. Then, sauté the noodles with 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat for 10 minutes.
While noodles and squash cook, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a sauté pan and cook leek until melted, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook for another 7-8 minutes.
Combine the noodles, squash, mushroom and leek mixture in a bowl. Add sage, salt and pepper and toss with remaining olive oil.
For added protein you can add a can of garbanzo beans.